RE: TR4 Made By Honda?

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 Made By Honda?
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 19:12:05 -0700
On Friday, September 17, 1999 6:39 PM, Michael D. Porter
[SMTP:mporter@zianet.com] wrote:

>  If it's priced close to the Miata, I wonder how much of Miata sales
> it will take?

Motor Trend estimated it's price at $34K, which may be a bit steep for the
Miata crowd.  (Most of the Miata owners I know find even the $22K for a new
Miata on the high side.)  I'd say BMW M3 ($43K) and Porsche Boxster ($46K)
have a lot more to worry about, especially if the S2000 really makes that
much power (2hp/ci !) and meets LEV emission standards.

Frankly, I rather like the looks of the S800.  It's cute, in a 60's
Japanese-ish way.  However after seeing the prices on service parts ($366AU
for a head gasket !?), I think I'll pass on owning one <g>

On Friday, September 17, 1999 4:59 PM, Kai M. Radicke
[SMTP:kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu] wrote:

> Hmm, my TR6 makes just as much torque as the S2000.

Here's a perfect chance to settle the hp vs torque debate once and for all
!  Someone set up a 'stop light drag' between a S2000 and a "just as much
torque" TR6.
My prediction  : The TR6 will still be winding out in 2nd (wishing 3rd
wasn't so far away) while the S2000 will be sitting waiting for the next
light to change <g>

Equal torque they may have, but 240hp puts the S2000 in a whole 'nother
class ...

Randall