Re: TR4 Made By Honda?

To: WBabbitt@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Made By Honda?
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 17:22:41 -0400
Hi Bill,
     You wrote:

>They noted that it's their "first roadster in the US since the minature S800
>two-seater was discontinued after the 1970 model year."  The inset showed a
>drawing of the S800.  It looks surprising like the TR4, right down to the
>bulge in the bonnet.
>Has anyone seen one of these in the flesh (sheet metal)?

I almost bought one several years ago (but unwittingly got outbid for the
car by a friend - I think he's still got it and it might be for sale).
They are more like an "MG Midget built by Honda" than a "TR-4 built by
Honda".  They are much smaller than a TR-4.  Very neat cars - roller bearing
cranks, chain drive IRS, etc. etc.

cheers,

John Lye

'59 TR-3A, '62 TR-4, '70 GT-6+