TR3A original paint "Slate Gray" question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A original paint "Slate Gray" question
From: Dave Willner <dwillner@icontech.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 19:24:40 -0400
Has anyone ever heard the name "Slate Gray" on a late 59 TR3, 65107L?

I've seen Silverstone and Pearl mentioned, but never any reference to
Slate. All the registered info I sent for years ago did indeed state the
original color was Slate Gray? Could the dealer have sprayed it this color
at the request of the original owner, or was Slate another name for
Silverstone, maybe a US name? I think Pearl stopped being sprayed around
Jan of 1959, and Silverstone remained to the end of the run.

Is there any reference to the paint code or color on any plate anywhere on
the car that could tell me more?

I'm returning the car back to it's original exterior paint color and
interior trim color and would like to hear from anyone who knows anything
about the "grays."

TIA.

Dave Willner
TR3A TS65107L (currently Apple Green)