Re: TR6 starting problems

To: Blake Discher <bdischer@blakedischer.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 starting problems
From: linda long <lalong@vt.edu>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 20:51:22 -0500
Blake,
welcome to the list and congratulations on your TR6.  I can't help you with
your starting question, but you also mentioned a rear-shock conversion.  If
you haven't already researched this decision you may want to query the list.
My general impression from talking to folks over the past 23 years of TR6
ownership is that the conversion really doesn't get you much.  If your
problem is the famous TR6 rear end squat, your LBC probably still has the
original coil springs.  I replaced my stock coils 22 years ago and haven't
had any squat since then.  The big 3 suppliers sell stiffer coil springs and
they are a snap to install, maybe 4 hours to do the job.  Also order and
replace
the "insulators" while you are in there.

Tom Long
Blacksburg, VA

'64TR4
'68TR250