Re: TRF Nightmare

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Subject: Re: TRF Nightmare
From: Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 00:03:28 -0400
Cc: amdixon@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Bob,
        I agree that banks and most other financial institutions are greedy and
poorly regulated in respect to protecting the average banking customer.
However the states, not the federal government regulate banking
practices within their borders. Local legislators should and would be
more responsive if citizens would contact them with their local concerns
instead of expecting relief from the federal government on matters to
which the constitution gave Washington no authority. Being from New
England, a state representative must reside in your town or very close
by. Contact them and let the federal representatives concern themselves
with truly national concerns like providing for our common defense and
regulating international trade.
        I don't want Ted Kennedy & Barney Frank having much to do with the
internal affairs of GA, any more than most folks in MA want Bob Barr or
Paul Coverdell having anything to do with affairs in their state.
I guess your statement touched a sore place with me,
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U