RE: TRF Nightmare

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TRF Nightmare
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 02:22:47 -0500

Jim Davis wrote a note [snipped] regarding the intricacies of state versus
federal control of financial institutions.

Ken Gano wrote an even longer and even more informative note [snipped] on
the same topic.

As to which my comment is: "Triumphs", gentlemen. The subject of this list
is "Triumphs". I have a considerable interest in learning as much as I can
about "Triumphs", but I have virtually no interest whatever in the finer
points of banking, interstate commerce, states' rights and constitutional
law. If I did, I'd find an Email group dealing with those topics.

I realize that the genesis of these posts was a complaint about a credit
card debt to a supplier of "Triumph" parts, but you can generally tell that
a thread has gone off topic when you see the words "states rights",
"conservatives", "liberals", "big government" or "Clinton", or you find
yourself discussing (however knowledgeably) the "milk subsidy cases from the
New Deal".

Jim Hill
Madison WI