Re: TR3A Brake master cylinder bore

To: Jack Brooks <brooks@belcotech.com>
Subject: Re: TR3A Brake master cylinder bore
From: Terrence Begley <tbegley@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 12:11:16 -0400
Cc: drew@pixar.com, Triumph List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi folks-

This thread caught my eye especially the part about the integral
reservior MCs. When I purchased my '61 TR3 in 1973, it had the integral
reservior MCs installed. I thought that ALL TR3s were like this until I
went to some Brit Car Shows and saw all those remote res. setups. It
turned out that a PO had converted to the newer setup and placed a piece
of wood between the reserviors to allow for removal of the caps. I must
say it seems a bit more comforting to know that if one goes out, the
other is still working (although brake failure can ruin your day no
matter what).
Just my .02

Terry