RE: TR3A Brake master cylinder bore

To: "Randall" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Brake master cylinder bore
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 13:38:58 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Randall,

Thanks.  I am leaning towards the 0.70, which I will duly note in my car's
log book along with all the other changes I have made (like the lifter
clearances at 0.16 and 0.18 for my fast street cam), Luk Diaphragm clutch,
etc.  I may even stamp 0.70 on the outside of the master cylinder, so I
don't curse myself out one day.  <HG>  Yeah, I'd be pissed if I bought a
rebuild kit, clutch or master cylinder, and it was the correct one, but it
didn't fit.  That's why I keep a detailed logbook.  Without it I would be a
DPO, Damned PRESENT owner!

My brakes are fine.  Just as my seats now rise about and inch and a half as
they slide forward, I am looking to decrease the pedal pressure for my
petite wife, who also autocrosses the car.  She is Ok with the brakes as
they are, but less pedal pressure required would be better.  I don't know
about your car, but I get full pedal pressure very high up on the pedal
stroke.  I could easily accommodate another 3 inches of pedal motion.  That
said, I believe 0.70 is the limit, based on a 0.75 "correct" bore.

For the purists out there, I have made many modifications to my TR3, but
very, very few that couldn't be changed back with just a spanner and/or
replacement part.

Later,

Jack