Re: oil drain plug won't seat

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oil drain plug won't seat
From: iron_horse819@yahoo.com
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 07:03:37 -0700 (PDT)
--- Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com> wrote:

> Many thanks to all who responded.  The universal consensus is that I
> shouldn't
> worry about it, it's normal for the drain plug to seat a little "proud" of
> the
> case; and if it does seep a little, some teflon tape will solve that.
>
> Lessons learned no. 2184-b.4:
>    Do not remove something without first studying how it should fit back.

Actually, I've had the same problem with the diff on my TR4A ... originally it
was almost flush, but after draining 30-something gear lube I can't get it
closer that about 3-4 threads short of flush.  Did the usual, checking threads
for grit, lubing threads, etc.  So is this normal for the diff?

Thanks,

Raymond Lucas Hatfield
'65 TR4A IRS