TR6 ignition switch question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 ignition switch question
From: "Steve Skolnik" <sskolnik@excite.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 19:51:10 PDT
Is it really as bad as it looks in the manual to change the ignition
switch/key lock on my '75 TR6?  My problem is that the switch is worn so
that, when I release the key after cranking the engine, the key sometimes
springs back a little too far and actually shuts off the ignition.  If I
carefully turn the key back from crank to run position, engine doesn't
stall.  Is this likely to be an electrical problem in the ignition switch
itself, or a mechanical problem with the detents in the key lock portion?

This problem is just getting started, but I can see a time when a good road
bump will kill the ignition -- better take care of this now . . .

Steve Skolnik
'75 TR6 sapphire blue