RE: rings not seated

Subject: RE: rings not seated
From: "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:51:46 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Something about this information doesn't make sense.  I've seen chrome
fixtures scrubbed every day with Bon Ami for many years, without any
apparent deterioration.  The exact same fixtures scrubbed with Comet for the
same length of time started losing their chrome.  It's possible Bon Ami has
lots of "glass frit" in it, but it sure doesn't cut like Comet.

There is at least a persistent rumor that GM issued Bon Ami as a service
part, to be used for this purpose.

Perhaps the problem is that Bon Ami is a trademark, and they actually sell
several different products under that name ...

Randall