Re: TR3 Girling Master Cylinders versus PBR made in Australia

To: Jack Brooks <brooks@belcotech.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 Girling Master Cylinders versus PBR made in Australia
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 09:45:18 -0700
Cc: Triumph List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jack :

I just checked several original M/Cs (as well as a few original
reservoir pipes), and the inlet ports are threaded 7/16-20.  A 7/16-20
bolts screws right in (allowing for the general grunge in the M/C
threads <g>).  The outlets (to the brake slaves) are threaded 3/8-24.
I've also got a couple of replacement Girling cylinders, where the
outlet ports are also threaded 7/16-20, but have adapters to 3/8-24.

BTW, the original cylinders did not have the "sail fin" projection
between the ports.  I believe those were only on later replacements from
Girling.  My original cylinders look very much like the illustration in
the Moss catalog.

I've never heard of PBR (well, except a US beer <g>), but it sounds like
they made an exact replica of the original.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver