TS 58399, Primed At Last!

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TS 58399, Primed At Last!
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 09:29:29 EDT
Well I finally made some progress on the next step of restoration.  Yesterday
I primed all sheet metal, inside, outside and under , with PPG epoxy primer.
Too bad grey primer coat isn't a concours color, it sure hides a lot of sins!

With the proper ventilation and respirator this primer is a pleasure to work
with.  Re-coats are permitted within 5-10 minutes of application and the
surfaces are dry enough to move within 30 minutes.  I used an HVLP gravity
fed spray gun that I bought on sale from Harbor Freight for 39.95.  By the
way, it is on sale again this month and I would advise getting the optional
32 oz. cup, as I found the 20 oz. a little small.  The HLVP gun worked great,
almost no oversray.  However, because this primer has a high solid content, I
am curious to see how this gun will perform with regular paint.

The next phase involves filler putty and spot glazing over the primer on
areas of shallow dents and imperfections.  Then another coat of primer before
the final finish coat, hopefully by Spring.

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A  (nicely primed garage clutter)