Re: TS 58399, Primed At Last!

To: Gbouff1@aol.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TS 58399, Primed At Last!
From: WBabbitt@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 09:59:03 EDT
Gary,
Congratulations!
Sounds like you're making great progress.
Seems I'm still tracking a little behind you in the restoration of my TR3.
Just yesterday I finished stripping the last of the fenders and doors.  Still
have to strip the front apron.  Then have to figure out how to handle the
non-removable parts of the body.
How did you treat the bare metal?   Did you use phosphoric acid, zinc
phosphate or any of those types of products?
When you  say there was very little overspray with the HVLP gun, did you
still end up with paint all over your garage?  Did you hang plastic sheets,
or wasn't it necessary?
I'm planning on priming with a similar type spray gun, and am curious about
how carefully I should prepare the garage (I'm really not interested in a
primer red decore).
 thanks,
Bill Babbitt
1959 TR3A in a bag (but seeing the light of day)
Gales Ferry, Ct