RE: FWD: TR6

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: FWD: TR6
From: Gernot von Hoegen <avac@totalise.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 12:54:38 +0100
Cc: ianviles@derbysmoths.freeserve.co.uk
>===== Original Message From "Bob Danielson" <75trsix@snet.net> =====
>This was sent directly to me but I can't help him. If anyone can, please
>respond directly to Ian at ianviles@derbysmoths.freeserve.co.uk.
>Thanks

>  I wonder if you would be willing/able to give me some advice. The side
>windows will not close. The leading edge hits the screen pillar when three
>quarters shut. Can I adjust the side window fit, or can I only solve the
>problem by adjusting the screen frame rake? I am concerned that the hood
>will not longer fit if I do the latter.
>  Regards
>  Ian Viles
>  Derbyshire, England

That will be the window not being correctly positioned in the winder
mechanism. Leave the windscreen well alone, may be the door glass rubbers have
been replaced and were not checked against the correct posiition. Remove door
panel, have a look if the rubber is there and then try to get the window
adjusted by sliding it backwards. This might be tricky and require removal of
the window from the door.

  Sachverständige für das Kraftfahrzeugwesen
             Rütscher Str.22
               52072 Aachen
                 Germany
Tel. (0044) 0241/159406 Fax (0044) 0241/159972
        Mobil (0044) 0171/5283280
Website http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1048