RE: Rear diff mounts keep snapping

To: <Wave@ravenet.com>
Subject: RE: Rear diff mounts keep snapping
From: Gernot von Hoegen <avac@totalise.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 13:12:25 +0100
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
well, I don't know your mechanic, but 800 mls is very low and I'd certainly
look into suggesting that the mechanic fitted them the wrong way round. Found
that when I look at one that was gone after about 1k mls. Replaced with one
the right way round no probs so far( 5k mls) (They were from Rimmer tho.)
>Sent: Saturday, October 23, 1999 8:46 AM
>Subject: Rear diff mounts keep snapping
>

>> Will -
>>    I had the same thing happen to me.  800 miles after installation, the
>rear
>> diff mounts I got from
>> MOSS MOTORS failed catastrophically.  When my mechanic complained, they
>said
>> send them
>> back, we'll give you your money back - BFD!  The parts were defective.
>>    I have since replaced the diff mounts with the nice heavy duty ones
>from
>> British Parts North West.
>> When you see these and how well they're built, you'll understand how/why
>the
>> MOSS parts keep
>> breaking.
>>   BTW, I brought this part failure to the attention of the MOSS rep in
>> attendance at the VTR Nationals
>> in Portland - whether or not anything has been done about it I do not
>know.
>>
>> Dennis Culligan / '76 TR6  CF57948U - TR6IUMPH/Highland,NY /
>DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM

  Sachverständige für das Kraftfahrzeugwesen
             Rütscher Str.22
               52072 Aachen
                 Germany
Tel. (0044) 0241/159406 Fax (0044) 0241/159972
        Mobil (0044) 0171/5283280
Website http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1048