Fun while it lasted.

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Fun while it lasted.
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 13:40:15 -0500
Well, it was fun while it lasted.  Major damage to my car today.  Probably
repairable, hopefully within what insurance will pay.  Ought to be covered
by the other driver's insurance since they made a left hand turn
across traffic.  Unfortunately that "traffic" was me.  That driver
was cut off by somebody and she had to stop in my lane, however
her turn across traffic was rather abrupt.  I was going about 35 mph
and locked up the tires.  I could not modulate the brakes for better
stopping power in time.  My Aurora with anti-lock probably could have stopped
in time.  I actually thought I was going to make it until the last little bit.

Alas.  Luckily I have a good shop for this type of stuff.  I actually was
coming back
from that shop after talking about the cost of some engine work.  Well, that is
now on the back burner.

CTC64342L down for the count, but not out of the match!
-Tony!