RE: Triumphs verse Wife

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Triumphs verse Wife
From: "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:34:29 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Bill :

My suggestion : Try staying out late (at least 1-2 hours beyond your wife's
usual bedtime) without a good reason.  Do that on the same night every week
or two for a month or two.  Start with no reason at all ("Nowhere", "Oh, I
just felt like driving around"), then progress to lame excuses ("Bad
accident had the road blocked") and maybe a little righteous indignation ("I
just felt like doing something on my own for once").  For added effect,
either muss your hair a little, or make it obvious that you've just combed
it when you do finally get home.  A little smell of liquor wouldn't hurt
either, but lipstick on the collar is way too obvious.  If you're a
non-drinker, buy a 6-pack of cheap beer at the local supermarket and use it
like mouthwash.  If she mentions the smell, show up next time smelling of
real mouthwash or Certs.  Some small mistake in your attire (one shirt
button undone, shirt tail partly out, belt backwards, one sock down, etc.)
is also effective, but only once.

Assuming this doesn't get you divorced (if it does, you are almost certainly
better off), your wife will start being real happy to know you are in the
garage, and her only rival for your affection is a car(s).

BTW, I should probably add that I've never had to try any of these tricks.
My wife's previous marriage was plenty to convince her that she's lucky to
have a husband who stays in the garage too much !  She has always supported
my hobbies, even the "stupid" ones <g>  She even wants a LBC of her own (if
I'll fix it), but it has to be an automatic.

Randall