Re: Why?

To: fergie@ntplx.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Why?
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 12:59:20 EST
In a message dated 00-02-06 19:17:58 EST, fergie@ntplx.net writes:

<< I probably don't want to know the answer to this one, but...once I have it
 all back together with new ball joints, trunnions, bushings, etc., will it
 be just as greasy and messy in two weeks as it was when I took it apart? It
 is English, after all, but I can hope, can't I? >>

Michael,

After finally ripping everything off of my TR6 chassis, carefully bagging &
tagging nuts-n-bolts, fuel lines, brake lines, wishbone pieces, etc
and....thinking ahead of what to clean and what to toss (replace)....I
reflected on what I had done and how I never even considered doing half of
this work on any American family car I owned!

All I can say in support of "what we do" is it's done out of passion, fun and
sometimes sheer lunacy.  Many of my friends just can't seem to relate to the
therapy it provides....they can admire the results but can't warm up to the
work involved.  I don't think that all of your work is going to get as greasy
& messy as quickly as you may suspect - after all, it took 25+ years of
exposure to get the way it was!

Cheers,

chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (restoration underway)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (enjoying winter under cover)