Things that make me think, hummmm?

To: submit <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Things that make me think, hummmm?
From: J&E <ebk@buffnet.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 09:17:26 -0500
Hi List!
        I still remember a descussion that I had with aperson about 25 years
ago reguarging: storing a rebuilt engine. I stated that I really didn't
think that there was a way to store an engine in an unheated garage for
a long (30+ yr.) time withoutdoing anything to it & not have something
rust.
        The reply was to: "plug" the Breather Pipe or top of the Valve Cover
(where the hose goes to the "Gulp Valve" (PVC?) & fill-up the engine
with light wt. oil [Ex:3-in-1 wt.] until it comes out the input hole.
        My response was: What about inside the combustion chamber?
Response: Fill that, too. Then suck it out, & drain the engine when
trady to use it. Of course you would change the points, spark plugs oil
& filter, etc..

Question list: What whould have been your response?
        I was just silent.  -Cosmo Kramer