re: Adding Gearbox Oil - TR3

To: "'AdrianJones@compuserve.com'" <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Subject: re: Adding Gearbox Oil - TR3
From: "McEwen, Art" <Art.McEwen@moh.gov.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 09:30:08 -0500 charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Adrian,

I've done it both ways, and frankly it's a toss up.  My '60 3A doesn't have
the top dip stick so I have to use the plug on the side (got my pinkie stuck
once checking the level!).  It's a real $@*&) adding oil.

If you do it from underneath you have to factor in the mess of the GB oil
that drips on you (there's something in GB oil that has a pervasive smell
that motor oil lacks).

I'm almost to the point of cutting another grommet hole in the cover so I
can just put a removable plug in to fill it from the drivers side (the
existing plug for the OD wiring won't reach).

Art