Re: Adding Gearbox Oil - TR3

To: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Adding Gearbox Oil - TR3
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 23:19:02 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Adrian
Only if you like making life difficult for your self. Am I right to assume
(there I go again) that this question is based on a fear of going under the
car? If so you could try this method. Providing you use common sense and the
car is supported properly on level ground with the park brake applied and
the wheels chocked, slide underneath, add oil until you think it is over
filled, place a tray under the fill point lower the car, wait until the oil
stops overflowing raise the car and fit the plug (using the above safety
rules). The whole job done with two wheels still on the ground if that helps
you feel safer! Personally if going under a car is the worry pay a man who
does to fill the oil for you, shouldn't cost much. (or find a bod in the
area who will reassure you that you are raising the car properly).

I hope this helps, Graham.