Re: Adding Gearbox Oil - TR3

To: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Adding Gearbox Oil - TR3
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 23:17:30 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"

Hi all
I have a beyond serviceable life engine oil pump from a sprint (same as
stag) these are external units, I put a lid on it with some drillings and
connectors with flexible pipe! Method is slide under the car with reversible
battery drill, 1 gallon of oil, pump and spanner for the plug. remove plug,
insert pipe from output side of pump into hole in box, stick suction end in
gallon of oil connect drill to pump and pull trigger, when oil runs out
dodge the drips (that's cats wee not fish!!) refit bung etc. This gadget can
be used to drain rear axle units without drain plugs as well (wash before
refilling).

Graham.
Ps will get photo if anyone wants to see to copy etc!