RE: Adding Gearbox Oil - TR3

Subject: RE: Adding Gearbox Oil - TR3
From: "Bob Hutton" <bob@calc.com.au>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 08:53:40 +1100charset="iso-8859-1"
Over the last couple of years, on this list or elsewhere, when this subject
was raised, it was stated that because of the different temperatures that
gear oil and engine oil are rated at, that in fact 30 wt engine oil was
virtually the equivalent viscosity to 80/90 wt gear oil. I remember the gear
oil I put in my OD box poured very much like engine oil.

Bob Hutton