RE: Help in removing rear bump stop

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: RE: Help in removing rear bump stop
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 16:43:50 -0500
Cc: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Peter writes:

>Are you sure you want to heat an Aluminum trailing arm (or something
>attached to it) "red" hot and then quench with water? I think I might go
>easy with the heat in this application. JMO of course.

The other problem is it is a small hole in a large casting.  And aluminum
at that.  (Aluminium conducts heat much more effectively and spot heating
is more problematic)

Who knows?  Perhaps it would be easier to cut the new rubber tip off of
the threaded portion and "glue" it onto the old pedestal.  You think?
(Just a little Zen here)

Dave