Re: Spedi Sleeve

To: levilevi@home.com
Subject: Re: Spedi Sleeve
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 21:43:09 -0000
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Bud, just had a few of those installed on my Dodge truck.  One on the rear
pinion seal and one on the tranny output.  The mechanic that works on my
ford truck told me about them and swears by them.  Apparently they have
been in use for years.   Something like $25 each depending on size and all
that.  Another name is readi-sleave (not sure of spelling).

> List,
>
> Has anyone else seen a tech article about using a spedi sleeve (aka a
> stainless steel sleeve that comes in various thicknesses).  I know I saw
> an article about it somewhere on a website but can't find it or remember
> exactly where.  My feeble little mind seems to think it talks about
> replacing seals AND the use of a spedi sleeve to "line" a grooved or
> worn shaft.  I found a local supplier of the spedi sleeve (and yes
> that's how it's spelled in the literature) here in Denver and now I want
> to reread the article but of course can find it in my own archives or on
> a website reference on listquest.com
>
> Has anyone else seen such a reference and/or can steer me to where it
> is?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Bud

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My Triumph Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 12/12/99)
My Dodge Web Site Http://www.141.com/dodge (updated 4/7/99)

1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L -- Now camber compensated!
1962 TR4 CT288L -- lots & lots of teeny pieces
1962 TR3B TCF1564L (in the barn)
1953 Mayflower TT29490LDL (in the driveway)
1951 1/2 ton Dodge Truck B-3-B-108