Re: TR6 Steering wheel update

To: Philip Haldeman <haldeman@accessone.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Steering wheel update
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 22:35:02 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, Trevor Jordan <tjordan@bigpond.net.au>
Philip:

I'm the  lister that Trevor refers to in his post. I bought my TR6 new
off the dealer's showroom floor and I can state that my steering wheel
was not leather. It was a rubber compound that eventually bubbled as it
was attacked by UV rays. I might point out that  we've all seen errors
in print by such authorities as the Bentley or Haynes manual.  I'm not
an authority on much of anything, but I'll swear that at least my late
model TR came from the factory with a rubber grip.

Happy Motoring!

Jeff Johnson
'76 TR6 undergoing rebuild