RE: TR3 on E-Bay - 14,000 original miles

To: amdixon@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR3 on E-Bay - 14,000 original miles
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 07:32:42 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
The bid is up to $13,100 this morning, with time to go. Pardon me, but am I
alone in thinking that there is something odd about someone ponying up that
kind of money without more than words like "I believe the running gear of
the car to be in good shape but we are selling it 'as is; where is.' "? They
also mentioned the brake pedal goes to the floor? (!!) At a minimum, I would
be looking for a visual inspection of the vehicle and a compression test,
but that just may be me. I'm a little out of my element when it comes to top
dollar for cars, but isn't that near the high water mark for an 'as is'
vehicle? Any comments on what similar vehicles have sold for in Lister's own
communities across the U.S. (& Canada)? I guess we'll all stay tuned to this
one.

I also noticed the passenger door handle is a bit off-angle - am I
nit-picking right now? It seems this car also is non-overdrive. Hmmm.

Cheers, JD