Alternator Swap for TR4

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator Swap for TR4
From: "Dave Lee" <davelee1@home.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:33:19 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi
I know this topic has been discussed many times before but I am having a
slight problem with obtaining an alternator.  A few days ago I went to
Kragen and they would not sell me an alternator if I didnt know what model
car I needed one for.  They referred me to Pacific Alternators who would not
sell me an alternator without signing a waiver of warranty since its for a
swap.  I also went to Pep Boys where they didnt want to open a few boxes for
me to take a look at the connection locations.

I know I want a standard GM 3wire around 60 amps.  Can anyone provide me
with a model of car that uses such an alternator so I can just go into the
local parts place and not get hassled.  It doesnt have to be 60 amps just
whatevers easiest for me to get.  Maybe someone has a brand and part number
on hand?

Anything to make this seemingly easy task easier for me.

Thanks,
David "harass me" Lee