Re: TR6 springs

To: "Edward Hutchinson" <seah@sunyit.edu>
Subject: Re: TR6 springs
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:39:08 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Ed
I have a '72 2500 PI sedan (same rear layout) running 150BHP kit and that
does squat, will regularly hit the bump stops, (smacked a pair of accessory
rear fog lights mounted under the tow bar on the ground accelerating away
from a speed hump before the rear was clear of the hump!). However I would
not have it any other way as the roads over here are so rough, (being an
island we don't have any trunk or arterial roads, so little gov funding for
our roads!!) and they smooooth out the roads a treat. My 2000 sedan is
currently the keeper of some air assisted shocks but unless I can find some
more they are going on the PI to help stop the squat. Also I fitted new
Shocks after the bottom pin broke off one of mine (telescopics on sedan).
and this reduced the squat by about 1/3!! how are your shocks.

Graham.