Re: Slanging Vs TR6's Vs Tr2's

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Slanging Vs TR6's Vs Tr2's
From: Keith A Edwards <kedwards@norfolk.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 12:42:39 -0500
Cc: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "INTERNET:trhouse@greenapple.com" <trhouse@greenapple.com>, Mark Watts <Mark.Watts@baring-asset.com>
David Massey wrote:
SNIP
> Years ago I drove my TR4 to work and it threw a belt.  I went to the local
> tractor store and they could fix me up with any belt I wanted but they were
> all way too long.  Right width, though.

My worst Triumph fanbelt story was when I was driving my TR4A from
Norfolk, VA to Portland, ME while pulling a pop-up camping trailer.  I
threw a fanbelt a few hours into the trip, and (of course) my spare
fanbelt was so USED that it also wouldn't stay on for very long.  I
managed to come up with something that would work (late at night, from a
kind soul).

We managed to turn a 14-hour trip into a 24-hour trip, and it was
raining almost all the way there.

When I got to my future in-laws' house, I found a perfect replacement
belt (Goodyear or Gates) hanging on the wall of the garage.  I
understand this "garage" used to be a car repair shop, probably in the
1950's...  Still had the pit in the floor, which I liked to utilize.

Keith Edwards
Suffolk, VA
http://www.norfolk.infi.net/~kedwards
1962 TR3B