RE: TR3 Clutch Hydraulics not working

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Clutch Hydraulics not working
From: "The Brooks'" <TR3A@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 12:17:57 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Gents,

I realize there are a lot of commercial bleeders available.  I
just hate to blow $40-$200 on an item I MAY need once every 10
years, i.e.. when a master cylinder is rebuilt.

The only point I was trying to make was that I simply put my
rubber tipped attachment on the end of my air gun, snugged it
against the top of the reservoir, over the little hole, as
applied a little bit of pressure with the clutch bleeder on the
slave wide open.  This started the flow of fluid, that all the
pumping in the world wouldn't.

Cheap, fast and it worked, although I firmly believe every M/C
should be pre-bled on the bench, which I thought I had.  That's
the easiest.

BTW -  My wife puts up with the periodic brake bleeding sessions,
although I bleed some of the brakes on some of the cars by
myself, via gravity or the ABS pump for the rear in the case of
the SAAB.

Later,

Jack Brooks
Hillsdale, NJ