RE: TR3 Clutch Hydraulics not working

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, "David Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "The Brooks'" <TR3A@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Clutch Hydraulics not working
From: "Andy Dixon" <amdixon@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 10:22:46 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "[unknown]" <Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Fred,
I think Dave is talking about the Gunson "EeziBleed", it's about $40. I
tried it on the '3 but couldn't get a good seal on the lid at the MC - Knew
that would lead to brake fluif everywhere so I didn't go any further. You
can make your own '6 lid by drilling a hole in an old lid (Yeah, right) and
attaching the hose to it. Also, you have to drop the pressure in the tire
you use to 12 psi so use the spare and air it up afterwards - I know you
don't want to be driving around looking for air with about 10 psi in one of
your tires.
I think it will work; I have a spare lid for the '6 when I get there; I need
a new reservoir for the '3 before I try it there - what can I say it's 41
yrs old and looks tired, raggedy, and rusty; come to think of it, I just
described its owner too.
Andy