RE: TR3 Clutch Hydraulics not working

To: "The Brooks'" <TR3A@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Clutch Hydraulics not working
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 09:04:22 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "The Brooks'"
>Jeff,

I don't know if there were any downsides, but when I had the same
problem, I opened up the clutch bleeder and put a little bit of
air pressure on the small hole on the top of the hydraulic fluid
can lid.  This got the clutch cylinder primed and flowing.  I
just couldn't bring myself to take everything apart again.
<

Jack,

There is a product on the market that does something very similar.  They
have a selection of caps to replace the regular MC cap to which is attached
a hose from a pressurized container of brake fluid.  The pressure is taken
from a road wheel.

The theory of operation goes like this.  Since the replacement cap is air
tight the whole system is pressurized with the tyre air pressure.  Air
pressure (from the tyre) is applied to the top of the brake fluid in the
pressurized container which forces brake fluid into the master cylinder
(which replaces any fluid bled at the wheel cylinders).  Now all one has to
do is crack open each wheel cylinder in turn and let fluid flow until there
is no trace of air.  Be sure to top up the tyre pressure afterwards.

The only problem is that there is no c\ap that fits the TR6 MC.

I forget the name of the product but I am sure that it will come up.

Dave