71 TR6 Wiring

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 71 TR6 Wiring
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 07:38:40 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Well I got the dash in last night and it looks great.  Most things work, but
I still have a bunch of electrical troubleshooting (no turn signals,
speedometer lights not working, etc.) to do.  It got too late last night to
finish.

I did find some wires that I'm not sure of:

The schematic in the Bentley Manual for 71 doesn't show a Buzzer, key switch
and key light, but I have the wiring for them.  I looked at the 72-74
schematic and found the wire colors corresponding to what I have.  My
problem is that I can't find where the light goes or where the buzzer and
key switch connections go.  The light socket has a bulb in it so I assume it
was previously installed.  I searched all around the key area but couldn't
find anything.  Does anyone have an idea where these wires and light
go??????

I found a purple wire near the left (driver's) door that isn't connected to
anything.  I thought it might be the door switch, but that has a wire to it
already.  Are there supposed to be two wires to it?

I have a green wire hanging down in the middle of the dash.  I thought it
might go to the heater switch, but the switch has all it's wires and works
properly.  Any ideas?

Before I get a blast, I did mark all wires as I disconnected them from the
dash during the replacement.  These wires I'm talking about were
disconnected and hanging when I started.  I found a couple other wires I may
have questions about next week, but I want to try to trace them down first.

I love a good mystery, but sometimes I need the help and advise of a more
experienced detective.

As always, TIA

Ken Waringa