RE: Subject: Transmission Question

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Subject: Transmission Question
From: "Earnest, Joe" <jearnest@sgdealer.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 10:18:32 -0500
>From personal experience (on the way to the SE Regional last fall) if you
have no gearbox oil
there will come a time when your car will not move out of a gear.  Luckily,
on the side of I-75 and 90 miles from Lake City it was 4th.  When we opened
the top at the show there was NO oil. Instead I had rust!

Ended up putting more oil in and driving around the parking lot (and to work
today topdown I might ad)

Joe Earnest
64 Herald
65 TR-4
66 2000 Saloon
NO HONDAS

"my car is parked outside I'm afraid it doesn't work" pet shop boys

What symptoms would I notice if there was NO gearbox oil left?  I still have
to crawl underneath to take a look for a missing plug etc.

Would a symptom be in moving the gear stick back and forth to make sure it
is in neutral that it is hard to move?  The temperature here has been about
0 deg C ( 35 deg F )

Any ideas would be nice

Thanks

David A. Templeton