Question 87mm piston & liner sets

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Question 87mm piston & liner sets
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 06:56:56 EST
I have given up on the idea of buying new pistons and boring out my existiong
liners.  The reason being that I after calling around to several auto machine
shops the price quoted to bore match the pistons to the liners was $350 -
$500!  I guess that the Connecticut economy is doing much better than I
realized.  At that price the piston & liner sets look like a bargain.

The question that I have concerns the 87 mm piston & liner sets from Moss and
VB.

Has anyone had experience with these either of these products.  How accurate
is the match between the piston skirt and the liner.  What clearance do they
supply?  After installation, did you get any piston slap when the engine is
cold?

Any information that you can supply would be greatly appreciated.

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A  TS 58399