RE: Triumphs USENET Newsgroup?

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Triumphs USENET Newsgroup?
From: "Mark Gendron" <markgendron@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 18:04:24 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
I don't think that the Triumphs list is "broke." However, I do think
that the concept of e-mail lists is outdated; they hearken from a time
when it was common for people to have access to Internet mail, but not
to Usenet. I find it difficult and inconvenient to wade through the
daily list digest to follow a particular thread that interests me.
I don't even want to think about how my mailbox would look with a
"realtime" list subscription.

I would be willing to pay a modest annual subscription (five to ten
bucks) in exchange for password access to a private news server with
the various team.net LBC lists. Limiting access to list members would
solve the spam problem. Since anyone who wishes can subscribe to the
LBC lists, address harvesting should be no more of a problem than it
is with the current list.