RE: USENET Trivia

To: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: USENET Trivia
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 10:07:32 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Bill :

You wrote :

> I find it exclusionary (not deliberately, just by virtue of
> how it works).
> I think a Newsgroup would attract more interested parties.

Would you expand on this a little please ?  Are you referring to the fact
the lists don't automatically show up when you try to subscribe to a
newsgroup, or is there something else I'm missing ?  There are a few extra
steps with Majordomo, but IMO this is balanced by the fact that many
Internet users are unaware of USENET.  My observation is that email is
usually the second Internet skill that most people acquire (after web
browsing), while USENET is much less common.

Randall