* Shiny bolts and timing cover booby *

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: * Shiny bolts and timing cover booby *
From: wbrazinski <wbrazinski@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 21:41:48 -0600
Hi everyone,

Time to start a "much repeated" thread I bet!  I'm rebuilding my TR3A
engine and had a question about a few things:

1) Is it possible to make the old grungy bolts nice and shiny without
hand polishing each one?  I know that some feel I should not re-use the
old bolts because they may not be "good" anymore.  Is this true?

2) I accidentally scraped off the acoustical material on the front of
the timing chain cover.  It was buried beneath the "gunk" and before I
knew it it was gone!  Any good ideas on how to replace it?

3) I'm probably going to try "Realy Healy" for my parts (10% discount on
the major 3 (4?)), but I remember one lister had bought pistons/liners
from British Parts North West. I seem to remember they were rated as
"good", but they are SOOOO much cheaper.  I was raised with "you get
what you pay for".  What am I missing?

Thanks a million!

Wayne
Plainfield, Illinois