Re: * Shiny bolts and timing cover booby *

To: "wbrazinski" <wbrazinski@mediaone.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: * Shiny bolts and timing cover booby *
From: "Mike Barron" <jmikebarron@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 08:21:50 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
>From personal experience I can tell you that all "Nyloc" type nuts
should be replaced, especially on a critical part.   The restorer did
not replace those on my crank pulley, so it loosened up and the
vibration caused my fan to loose a blade.    Result: New radiator,
hoses, fan.......    The nylocs have a plastic insert that locks the
nut, and if used more than once, will not hold as well.

Mike Barron