RE: Rough Running TR6--NOT

To: "Canada" <canada@voyageronline.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rough Running TR6--NOT
From: "Bob Hutton" <bob@calc.com.au>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:32:04 +1100charset="iso-8859-1"
Ian,

You sure that's right? If the timing is set to 4 degrees ATDC, then it must
be a vacuum retard distributor and should have the vacuum connected for
timing at idle. Timing it without the vacuum connected would mean it'll be
about 12 degrees ATDC when the vacuum is connected. He may have the vacuum
connected to the wrong carby; I believe it should be connected to whichever
carby has the vacuum spigot on the bottom, usually the front one I think. I
may be wrong, has been known, (often, according to my wife).

Regards,

Bob Hutton