Re: TRF Etc..

To: prdesign@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: TRF Etc..
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 09:11:51 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

There is a lot of truth in the comments below.  But let me add more.  Besides my
passion for LBCs, I own and drive a Model T Ford.  Let me say that there are a
lot of Model T'ers out there tinkering with their cars.  You just don't seem
them on the road much anymore, especially if you live in the larger cites, even
more so if you live in southern California where the freeways have become
absolutely dangerous for anyone not driving a 4000+ pound vehicle 70+ mph!!
(Even touring in the TR's can be dangerous.  This Sunday our Triumph club was
out on tour.  Seems we must have been going too slow for some one in a big 4X4
as he proceed to pass us all on the right shoulder endangering not only us but
anyone who might have been riding a bicycle on the shoulder!  The reckless
maneuver was all in vain as he had to stop for cross traffic at an intersection
up ahead where we caught up with him.  Thankfully he turned the opposite
direction we were headed. ) We trailer our T's to some remote location and spend
the day touring the least traveled roads.  We normally draw about 20 -30 T's on
our monthly club tours.  Our T club is very active and has had a steady increase
in membership.  Actually, it has more members that our local LBC club.

We do share the concern about having younger people take up the passion for
these old cars.  We've started to sponsor various motoring type activities at
the local high schools to gain a foothold with the teens.  Despite touring in
less populated areas, we still generate a lot of interest just by having the
cars out in public.  Generating new, younger membership is an ongoing challenge
that we all face.

Dave Stauffacher
Ramona, California..."I thought the drivers were insane in Saudi Arabia --
Californians are no better!!"
1970 TR6 PI
1922 Model T Centerdoor

 Sorry guys, it's become a 5.O Mustang/ Rice Rocket world out on the streets.
> We're steeping up to the plate to fill the gap left buy all the Model T guys
> that are used to be so numerous at car shows a few years back. Now most of
> them are daisy food or drolling in some nursing home.
> Another 10 years, and all us LBc'ers will start taking their place. Hey, the
> inevitable laws of supply and demand will always win out.

Well I don't know if I'd say that.  The TR's can be driven on the
highway,
unlike Model T's and A's( o.k. the can but around here if your not doing
70+ you'll be run over by an excursion).  So the TR's are still
driveable.