Re: TRF Etc..

Subject: Re: TRF Etc..
From: Matt Ritter <prdesign@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:23:26 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> I suppose it's inevitable- this hobby is populated by middle age guys who's
> family gets first dibs on the fun money. This means the days of single guys
> dumping half of every weeks salary into the project car (been there, did
> that) are long over.
> Sorry guys, it's become a 5.O Mustang/ Rice Rocket world out on the streets.
> We're steeping up to the plate to fill the gap left buy all the Model T guys
> that are used to be so numerous at car shows a few years back. Now most of
> them are daisy food or drolling in some nursing home.
> Another 10 years, and all us LBc'ers will start taking their place. Hey, the
> inevitable laws of supply and demand will always win out.

Well I don't know if I'd say that.  The TR's can be driven on the
highway,
unlike Model T's and A's( o.k. the can but around here if your not doing
70+ you'll be run over by an excursion).  So the TR's are still
driveable.
I'm 26 and own both a 71 240Z and a 69 TR6.  I believe these cars(60-75)
will remain popular until hydrogen replaces petroleum.  I don't know of
to many ppl my age that are really intersted in the "rice" rockets or
the
5.0 stangs.  Neither look very good and as far as power and performance
its
simply to expensive to modify.  The "rice" rockets are front whell drive
and
stangs are to damn fat.  The simple fact is is that 95% of all new
restaurants fail.

Matt Ritter
71 240Z (rustoration hell)
69 TR6 (where the hell is my fuel pump!)
97 Cherokee (it works every morning imagine that)