Re: TRF Etc..

Subject: Re: TRF Etc..
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:09:53 -0700
Matt Ritter wrote (with editing for length):

1. The TR's can be driven on the highway, unlike Model T's and A's
2. I'm 26 and own both a 71 240Z and a 69 TR6. ...[they] will remain popular
until
hydrogen replaces petroleum.
3. not to many ppl my age that are really intersted in the "rice" rockets or the
5.0 stangs.

Nuts, that first one is a good point, I was going to say that. :-) TR's are
still
fun to drive, while Model T's etc. are an interesting historic vehicle. Um, they
could be fun to drive, never had the chance. Might be a blast. Tough daily
driver,
I'll bet.

On #2, vintage *people* and kids alike wave and give me thumbs up in the TR4,
even
in front of a cloud of smoke it's a sweet ride whether you know a TR from an
MG. I
think there'll be someone to pick up the torch -- though at 33 I've got a few
good
driving years left. And a TR4 with no rust, a new engine soon, and everything
else
gone over. I plan to drive it like it's "new" -- at least till the boys are off
college with the top down. Maybe they'll convert it to hydrogen. :-)

AFA #3, *someone* is driving those cars. But I sure don't get it. To each their
own.

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO