Re: Best vendor for ft. end parts

To: thomkuby@iwvisp.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Best vendor for ft. end parts
From: Jody007@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 23:52:13 EST
Cc: vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net, ednelson@ridgenet.net
In a message dated 3/17/00 11:04:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
thomkuby@iwvisp.com writes:

<< Anyway...back to the original question: how much would a shop charge for a
 total front end rebuild (and I mean total...) on a TR3A?

 This is a topic I thought about a while back and even had the opportunity to
refer to a Triumph shop time book. This book was used back in the days when
all Triumphs were created equal. As time takes it toll on our cars they are
no longer equal. Even a tune up on a well a maintained TR will take only an
hour (per book) a ratty old rust bucket where the distributor wires break in
half will take upwards of three hours you cannot charge the same.
  My plan is to charge by half/day full/day or by the six pack. Figure out
what you think a days work is worth and charge accordingly. If a simple job,
charge a six pack or two. My clients love the latter and will be back for the
half/day full/day thing.
  Just my opinion, and I've been wrong before.
                                               Jody
                             Second best shop in Tallahassee