Re: Best vendor for ft. end parts

To: thom kuby <thomkuby@iwvisp.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Best vendor for ft. end parts
From: Don Marshall <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 15:34:29 -0500
Cc: vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net, ednelson@ridgenet.net
At 08:11 PM 3/17/00 +0100, thom kuby wrote:

>Greetings,
>I have a question regarding "labor and time"
>
>Can anyone tell me what the average "shop rate" is...and how much time
>would be allocated for a COMPLETE front end job on a TR-3A?

Thom...  according to the 1973 version of the Mitchell Collision Estimater:

TRIUMPH TR 2, 3, 3A, 3B

FRONT SUSPENSION

O/H ONE SIDE           3.5              ADJUST TOE-IN
.4
O/H BOTH SIDES      6.5         CHECK CASTER & CAMBER   .5

>Anyway...back to the original question: how much would a shop charge for a
>total front end rebuild (and I mean total...) on a TR3A?

Based on this, about 7 1/2 hours for the whole job, plus parts.   The
question is, based on your experience, and assuming you've got the parts on
the shelf ready to go, is 7 1/2 hours a reasonable time for that job?

BTW, I noticed that under Radiator and hoses, it says
"R&R NOSE PANEL ASSY. TO FACILITATE OTHER WORK   2.3 "

G'luck..
Don Marshall