Re: Best vendor for ft. end parts

To: "thom kuby" <thomkuby@iwvisp.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Best vendor for ft. end parts
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 14:11:09 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>, <ednelson@ridgenet.net>
We figure that to completely dissasemble, clean, inspect, repaint, replace
worn parts, adjust end float on the lower trunions, including removing and
dissassembling down to the last component the lower and uppper A arms, drag
link and pins, idler arm assembly , lower bump stops, upper ball joints,
steering uprights and lower trunions, front wheel bearings and seals, not
including removing the front apron takes about 18 hours.  We usually drill
and tap the lower inner ends of the lower A arm to install 90 degree zerk
fitting so we can lube the nylon bush to steel tube joint that is located
there .  This keeps moisture out of the joint and prevents the steel spacer
tube from rusting and wearing the nylon bushings.

Greg Solow

The Engine Room

Santa Cruz, Ca.