Re: moaners

To: <SJagGo@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: moaners
From: "Beth & Ken" <bethken@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 14:55:39 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
It's hard to respond because you are making leaps in logic that show you
missed the entire point. Anyway, I'll try...

I sent out no W2s or 1090s at all. What's that got to do with my point? I
wasn't here during the Civil War years, but I can see Lincoln's logic very
well. You certainly don't need to employ people to understand that the main
purpose for a vendors company is to earn his/her living. That was my point,
and I can't believe you missed that. Mr. Runyan employs people to that end.
It doesn't mean he'd be cavalier about having to let them go...it doesn't
mean he'd hurt them for another 1% profit, but the fact remains that he's
running a business and not a social service agency. If he's closed his
restaurant, then my point is made! He had to let people go (sending out a
few less W2s and 1090s) for monetary reasons.

Where in my post did you get the idea that I said, "..money is the siurce
motivation for all actions.."? I was talking about the motivations of parts
vendors (that WAS were you started the conversation, right?), not hobbiests,
politicians, teachers, etc. When Joe Curry sells me a part I need, I believe
his source motivation is friendship, love of Triumphs, etc. It's not his
main source of income (if it his he's starving). It's a little different
with VB, TRF, SpitBits, MOss, etc. Can't you see that?

Also, where did I say that all employers, " want to scrape every nickel and
dime from their workers.."?

I sincerely can't remember the last time anybody changed somebody's words so
much? It's kind of like that question, "Do you still beat your wife"?...How
do you answer that.

ken shapiro
baltimore
1970 GT6+ KC81872L