Re: TR3 Estimating Welding/Body work time

To: Tr3bob@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu
Subject: Re: TR3 Estimating Welding/Body work time
From: Lftlesl@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 16:17:23 EST
In a message dated 3/18/2000 8:43:19 AM Central Standard Time, Tr3bob@aol.com
writes:

<< I don't think I have any special skills, only the determination to apply
my
 restoration budget to the items I have no control over. Much of the work is
 trial and error and it could take hours to fit one fender.  >>

Dear List,

I'd like to second what Bob said. And add this -- the fun of restoring the
car can be in learning something about all the trades that went into it. I've
learned how to weld, do sheetmetal work, restore hydraulics, use a compressor
and all its tools (sandblaster, cutoff tools, grinders, etc.) in the past two
and a half years. It is slow, and will probably take at least three more
years to finish, especially because I still have to learn and practice new
skills. When I finish, I won't just have a fine car, but I'll know just about
everything there is to know about it. I find that very rewarding, and worth
the wait.

Les Landon
1962 TR3B TCF644L
Baton Rouge, LA